Just another UMW Blogs weblogPosts RSS Comments RSS

Lights, Camera, Action

Wow sums up how I feel right now after presenting our website on camera…how weird is it to think 20 years from now we could come back and search for our undergraduate selves and view on camera what we found to be one of the biggest accomplishments of our academic career (at least in my opinion).  Even though the audience consisted of very few people it was still neat and a great practice for the symposium in just over a week eek!

Watching the Mary Washington group I realized how far we have all come even from our first presentation in class and to where we are today, seeing that our sites have grown to more than we imagined. While a few more kinks should be worked out, cough a second map cough, with the site I think the group has done really well in accomplishing what we wanted to, creating an interactive, organized site that alumni can use to remember their time at Mary Washington. Every experience is different and after doing research for this project I learned each experience is special and this could be me in 30 years looking at pictures of Mary Washington today and remembering what I saw on Devil-Goat Day or  benching on a nice day! And I can now say I have had my 15 minutes of fame 😉

One Response to “Lights, Camera, Action”

1. on 17 Apr 2010 at 3:37 pmcwright

Hey Meagan, I agree that all of us have come along way since our first presentations. I wish I could have seen any of the other groups present their projects, but the scheduling did not fall in favor of that luxury. I also think it is kinda cool that your group was recorded and will be apart of the school archives for generations to come. I think your group’s project has turned out very well and should please the alumni who are fortunate enough to have learned of its existance. Great Job!