Just another UMW Blogs weblogPosts RSS Comments RSS

disgruntlement

I think the title of my blog speaks for myself and the images group who are all disappointed with our map group and the roadblocks we have hit with them.  As we said in our presentation last week we were supposed to have our map draft last week but we still have not seen it.  🙁 I am hoping to see a map at some point but as a client I am not impressed. I am grateful that Jonathan created a map last week for us so we at least have one and it makes our site interactive. Thus showing the alumni that by signing our guestbook we can use their information to hopefully connect them to one another and spread the word so maybe more can identify people in the images.  ** We are on our way to finally having a map woo woo!

As far as the site not a whole lot more to update, I did e-mail the assistant director of alumni relations and she is featuring us again in the April Alumni e-newsletter to gain more publicity for our site. I am also hoping to get in contact with more professors so we can expand our site and map. The research will continue for this week, gaining more information about the collections we have and hopefully adding more facts about Mary Washington that we did not know previously. I am still curious to know when the MWC beanies came into fashion and when smoking became a norm in the dorms much unlike today? I think taking a look through Professor Crawley’s book will prove helpful and if all else we can add a few more images from his time at Mary Washington.  🙂

3 Responses to “disgruntlement”

1. on 30 Mar 2010 at 6:32 amklease

I’m sorry that you haven’t seen your map yet! I know that must be stressful. At least you have the map that Jonathan created. It’s not a fancy map, but I like it. I think it’s simple and easy to understand. I do hope that you get your other map soon. Good luck!

2. on 30 Mar 2010 at 11:10 pmkokoro

Sorry to here about the failure of your map group. Unfortunately, you have to sometimes rely on lazy people to get things done in the real world, so as a positive it gives you some practice with that situation. Have you asked Dr. Hanna to breath down their necks?

Not to rub it in (okay, maybe just a little bit), but I’m proud and very relieved to say that our dear, sweet map group finished both of our maps!

3. on 01 Apr 2010 at 7:28 amjwiggint

I’m glad you put our unhappiness with the map group in your blog, I think the next step is to talk to Dr. M and Hanna, especially bc it seems as though the one guy is doing all the work (which isn’t fair). Hooray for the redhead club! Why’d they get rid of such an important part of MW?