Just another UMW Blogs weblogPosts RSS Comments RSS

post-spring break

Well back at school already…break went by too quickly for myself as I am sure the rest of you but plenty of work was accomplished! With the impeding launching of the images site, MARCH 15th check out our site, we spent spring break uploading our pictures and while it is not a very difficult task, uploading a number of images is very time consuming. I did enjoy looking through the pictures and finding that some were from actual photographers not just The Bullet or The Battlefield. I think seeing Mary Washington through the eyes of a student in the 1960s was a real eye opener, especially seeing a student smoking while studying in her dorm or even the thought of asking permission for a male to escort a student to Ring Dance. Mary Washington has changed alot over the years but some things have stayed the same, the traditions and the student pride will not waver and I think alumni would agree!

I think we did run into a few bumps, maybe someone from the hospital group would be more knowlegdable about how to work with the exhibits in omeka and how to better manage them…any tips?!?

4 Responses to “post-spring break”

1. on 09 Mar 2010 at 3:00 pmkokoro

I’m not sure that us hospital folks have any tips about working the exhibits as of yet. We still get a lovely fatal error message, but it’s not our biggest concern at the moment, so we’ve let it be. What’s the problem precisely?

2. on 09 Mar 2010 at 9:38 pmkokoro

I posted this on my blog too, but to answer your question: nope, no tips.

We’ve run into the same problem. We don’t want a bunch of pages because that will end up being a lot of clicking that we don’t want to put our visitors through. Unfortunately, it seems you have to have exhibits, and within those exhibits you have to have sections, and within those sections you have to have pages. We’ll try to figure something out, but if you guys come across a solution, we’ll be open ears!

3. on 10 Mar 2010 at 11:06 pmMary Ann

I did have fun going through all of the pictures again, but, gotta say, I’m looking forward to having new information to sift through! Alumni, bring on the contributions!

4. on 12 Mar 2010 at 8:21 amjwiggint

MARCH 15!!! It’s close. Btw, don’t worry about the intimidation factor of a certain DTLT employee, Mary Ann and I’ll handle him on Friday 🙂 Enjoy your visit home!